question

hugo-2 avatar image
hugo-2 asked

Servers Unhealthy with ProppingFailed since switching to Dasv4

So far we have been using Dv2 (2 cores) VMs to deploy our game builds and it has been working great, but we want to switch to Dasv4 VMs since it would be more cost effective for us. However, deploying the same build as we previously used on the Dv2 yields an "Unhealthy" result, with "Propping Failed" being the reason behind the server not being able to start. I used the "Use as template" button on the build that worked and only changed the type of VM used, so I expected it to work the same. Am I doing something wrong?

Our title ID is AB090

Thank you in advance

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

The "Propping Failed" means that the game server assets loading may have gone wrong. Since you change the VM type form Dv2 to Dasv4, and as you can see in this documentation: Multiplayer Servers - detailed price sheet - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, the storage of Dasv4 is less than Dv2, so it could be the VM is running out of disk space. You may try to increase the core number of the VM or decrease the number of Servers per machine, or if your server build is not deployed in Linux Container, you can try to redeploy your build with the “Use read-only assets” option checked in the Assets section in the New Build page.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.