question

therealjoeyj avatar image
therealjoeyj asked

Group API returned not found for a Group that existed

We've seen a few cases where the API will return not found for a group and it in fact exists. This is very troubling. Can we get some context on why this could happen and any potential workarounds?

This is the latest timestamp we encountered this issue: 2022-05-30 17:04:38.1240000

I can't share debugging details publically. Let me know how to provide private information. Thanks

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Does the names of those unsearchable groups has spaces or other special characters? If so, you can refer to this thread: Cannot `GetGroup` with special characters / spaces - Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Johannes Ebner avatar image
Johannes Ebner answered
@therealjoeyj

I had a similar issue. I was using a Unity TMP Input, which appended a non-printable space on the input string. I sued a RegEx to sanitize the string:

var groupName = Regex.Replace(this.groupNameInput.text, "[^a-zA-Z0-9_.]+", "", RegexOptions.Compiled);
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.