question

Montana Tuska avatar image
Montana Tuska asked

GetPlayFabIDsFrom Continued

We have quite a few GetPlayFabIDsFrom... but, what about FromEmail, FromCustomId, FromPlayFab... etc? Why only limit to the current ones?

Edit: Crap, not sure why this one ended up in the PlayStream forum... My bad on that.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Why wouldn't it belong in the forums? That's the perfect place for support questions, as it's how we have persistence for answers, so that others can benefit from the info. In answer to your questions:

1. Email, Title Display Name, and Username can all be used to look up accounts via https://api.playfab.com/documentation/client/method/GetAccountInfo.

2. No other player should ever have your Custom ID, as the Custom ID is specifically a credential. If it's the Server API you mean, please feel free to add this to the Feature Requests forum.

3. What does "FromPlayFab..." refer to? What would you be using for the lookup?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska commented ·

I didn't say PlayFab forum, I said PlayStream. This accidently ended up under the PlayStream category/forum when I meant Feature Requests.

Specifically I was looking for GetPlayFabIDsFromEmail and GetPlayFabIDsFromUsername.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Montana Tuska commented ·

Oh! Now I see what you meant in the edit - I've moved it to API and SDK questions. But yes, of those, Custom ID would be the one to request, since the others are covered.

0 Likes 0 ·
Montana Tuska avatar image Montana Tuska brendan commented ·

Yeah, I just expecting it to look the same as the others, with the prefix GetPlayFabIDsFrom, instead of it's own Client/GetAccountInfo.

Thanks again Brendan.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy Rose avatar image
Jeremy Rose answered

What about device ids? I don't see anything say for IOS Device or Android

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.