question

jeeth avatar image
jeeth asked

Unity package of playfab party, VOIP doesnt work 100% of the time

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jeeth avatar image
jeeth answered

I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH VOIP.

I have connected multiple devices to the same network but all of the device's voice doesn't get detected all the time, the device that wasn't detecting the voice in the previous session works in the next session.
I have not been able to achieve consistent working VOIP sessions at all. I have also not found a way to debug the problem either. The unity package seems very minimal that way.

I have tested this on windows and android(giving mic permission) but have not got consistent VOIP working on all the devices in the network

This is the code in the SDK which is setting the default i/o devices for android and windows. According to the docs, it is correct. How do I get this sorted VOIP is an important feature requirement but the unity package isn't dev friendly to debug and feels minimalistic.
It is easy to integrate but a pain to debug any help here will be much appreciated

PartySucceeded(SDK.PartyChatControlSetAudioInput(
        _localChatControlHandle,
        PARTY_AUDIO_DEVICE_SELECTION_TYPE.PARTY_AUDIO_DEVICE_SELECTION_TYPE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT,
        string.Empty,
        null
    ));
PartySucceeded(SDK.PartyChatControlSetAudioOutput(
        _localChatControlHandle,
        PARTY_AUDIO_DEVICE_SELECTION_TYPE.PARTY_AUDIO_DEVICE_SELECTION_TYPE_SYSTEM_DEFAULT,
        string.Empty,
        null
        ));
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

Here is the Tips of Troubleshooting Voice Chat, you can have a look. Although it uses the C++ code as an example, the methods used in it can be found in the PlayFab Party SDK for Unity.

0 Likes 0 ·
Benjamin Golinvaux avatar image
Benjamin Golinvaux answered

We also have issues where people are able to talk (and be heard) but cannot hear anybody else, without any error raised from any Party call. Waiting for our std subscription to be activated to create a ticket. We could not correlate this to any meaningful hardware or software configuration.

At the minimum, a "verbose" mode that would dump internal chat control state to paste here would be really great.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.