question

David A Kimball JR avatar image
David A Kimball JR asked

Can you treat the server as a Player? Can you treat a group as a player? Feature request or implementation help

My team now has cycles to integrate PlayFab and I have some questions on how best to handle two scenarios.

(Scenario 1)

Player A creates Group 1 with 100 of his best friends.

I want to treat Group 1 as a player entity, incrementing stats for the group on behalf of any actual player entity. If the statistic was GroupExperienceEarned any player could increment it (in the group) and our game could use that logic to determine group-based goals, with player data we could store group data that describes progression.

(Scenario 2)

I deploy 1000 servers, and I simply want each server to have its own player entity for stat generation, reporting, aggregation etc. These could be FPS stats, or operating system stats, these stats could also be the current number of players, and a simple way to enumerate these specific "players" for their latest player count stat would be useful, I understand though if these type of queries and operations are better meant for script - I am hoping for something more entity framework, again if the API supports this in the backend.

A side win here, if a server had a player entity, it could make use of the 10-player file storage limit to, for example, archive local game save commits to the cloud.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

For scenario 1, the upcoming Leaderboard v2 will support Group which may meet your needs.

For scenario 2, currently, there is no such feature, please free to post a feature request for it.
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.