question

Jan Vacek avatar image
Jan Vacek asked

Cloudscript vs Azure functions

Hello guys, I'm the only one who thinks that Azure Functions are a step back from classic cloudscript? I am writing my game for a long time in classic cloudscript (TypeScript) and now it is marked as legacy lol. Maybe I will be forced to use Azure functions, but why PlayFab forces that without any strong step by step tutorial. Am I able to do the same things in Azure Functions like in classic cloudscript? For example TypeScript interfaces? Or external libraries for example for working with datetime etc. Don't you guys have any tips for me? :/

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Azure Function is more powerful and flexible than Cloud Script and supports importing external libraries. It does support TypeScript, please refer to Azure official document on Create a TypeScript function using Visual Studio Code - Azure Functions | Microsoft Docs.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions about Azure Function.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.