question

Viachaslau avatar image
Viachaslau asked

Why is my deployed build in Standby mode? Why not in Active?

Here I see that build is in Standby mode. And I cannot connect to the server from client app. Though I get IP and port from RequestMultiplayerServerResponse. By the way this response provides a list of ports. I just take first one and connect. Is it ok? Thank you.

biqdl.png (10.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

What’s the networking framework or method do you import or define in the server build? Are you using any networking library like Unity Mirror?

To be clear, PlayFab only provides hosting service, and you are able to implement any libraries or frameworks in your server build to help clients connect to servers.

When RequestMultiplayerServer API is called, a stand-by server will turn into active. The IP and port number are used for connection. This instance information is only returned when RequestMultiplayerServer is called, or matchmaking tickets are matched (getting information via GetMatch API).

Multiple ports are returning because you have defined more than one ports in the server build configuration, and it is common that setting up different ports for different purposes. This still depends on your actual requirement.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Viachaslau avatar image Viachaslau commented ·

Thank you very much. I got better understanding now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.