question

Riccardo Iengo avatar image
Riccardo Iengo asked

Player data size for ghost replay

Hi!

I need to send a struct with ghost data over to Playfab. After the serialization the total size of the struct is 244kb and I wanted to ask. Is this too much or there are some general rules that I should follow when doing this?

I know I can see limits and stuff on the settings but I wanted just to understand WHEN generally is too much. Some best practice, for example "send a struct of 1mb is too much" etc.

In my game I have to send a struct at the end of the race and retrieve 3 ( for three ghost players) when the game begin.

Thanks! Hope my request is clear for you guys :D

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Generally, the limit of Player data value size is 300,000 bytes. It is fine as long as it is under the limit. But for best practice, you could consider from other aspects. For example, from the user experience aspect, the larger the data, the slower it will be to update or retrieve it. If the data is hard to update or retrieve, it will be bad for the user experience. From the billing aspect, the read or write of larger data generates more cost. You could learn how the player data is billed in this document: PlayFab Consumption: Best Practices. Therefore it is better to reduce the data size as much as possible.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.