question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Where can I find language codes for SetProfileLanguage API?

Hello everyone,

I want to update the players' profile language settings depending on the language they use in the game. I think, I need to use SetProfileLanguage API for this, but one of the parameters of the API call is "Language", which is a string. Where can I find the language codes that PlayFab accepts?

EDIT: I'm also wondering if changing profile language will affect the language of email templates? The reason for changing language is localizing the email templates. If a player changes the language in the game, I want the language of an email the player receives to change as well.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

When using the SetProfileLanguage API, the language string must be specified in the ISO 639-1 format. Please refer to this document: Step 1 – Set the language

Yes, changing the profile language will affect the language of email template sent to the client. But first, the languages of email content should be added to your email template, please refer to this document: Localized email templates. If the profile language is not chosen, or if there is no match between the profile language and email template languages, the player will receive your title’s default language settings.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.