question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

Is this a good example of using Cloud Script?

Hello,

I was wondering if using these function in a Cloudscript function is a good or bad example and if it increases the bill?

In some functions, I use GetTitleData, GetPlayerStatistics, GetUserReadOnlyData, UpdateUserReadOnlyData, UpdatePlayerStatistics at the same time.

The reason is that I have implemented some variables to TitleData. So, when I need to update the game design, I don't have to change the both game code and Cloudscript, and release a new version. Every function have average of 3 values to get/update. These function are called approximately in every 5-10 minutes per player.

It looks a bit overload to me, but I'm not sure. Also, is there any documentation of optimizing Cloudscript?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

3 updates for each function and executing every 5-10 minutes, should be under PlayFab limit (development mode and standard plan). PlayFab limits are applied to single players, and based on your description, it is not overloaded.

It is stated in Limit page, 25 APIs can be issued during an execution. (but only 5 is permitted if it is triggered via Rule). In terms of updating Player Data, there can be 150 updates in maximum during 5 minutes. In a word, if you are uncertain about the limits, you may navigate to the [Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] -> [Limits].

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.