question

Edward Melville avatar image
Edward Melville asked

Server is up, but can't connect to it. (UE4)

Hello, after some testing it seems the match maker aspect of PlayFab successfully launched a server build. (However it doesn't notify the players in the queue. I'll save that issue for another date).

The server build is still running now. I can RDP into it, but:
- It doesn't appear to be running the UE4 Dedicated server .exe from what I can tell. (Task manager)
- Even though the server is "Active" with a player count of zero, we can't "open <insert_ip>" / connect to it from the game.

It's like the server is up, but not really up and we don't have a clear way to diagnose the issue. We don't see any problems when testing locally with Docker.

Title ID: 824D5

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Edward Melville avatar image
Edward Melville answered

Nevermind:

- It looks like PlayFab gives a separate random port to players to connect to (Obviously). Once I was able to determine that, opening to that server via the in game console was possible.
- However it looks like the player count doesn't update and the server doesn't seem to self-kill. But I'll save that for another question/issue.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.