question

mirko avatar image
mirko asked

ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY /Authentication/GetEntityToken API,ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY Token request api

Hello there,

I was wondering do I need to add new policy in json file if i want to request tokens for xbox login? In case I do need it code example would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I was wondering do I need to add specific json element to ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY if I want to enable /Authentication/GetEntityToken api. In case I do code example would also be nice to have :D. Thanks in advance.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Firstly, you don’t need to add JSON elements to “ENTITY GLOBAL TITLE POLICY” if you want to use /Authentication/GetEntityToken api. Entity global title policy is used to configure Entities’ access at a title level. The default policy has already met the requirements of getting the Entity Token for the players on clients. If you are using Unity, you can enable the Entity API in the extension and use this API for players directly. In addition, we don’t suggest to request the title entity token on clients.

Secondly, the xboxToken field in the API LoginWithXbox is not a PlayFab Entity Token. This token is provided by the Xbox Live SDK/XDK method GetTokenAndSignatureAsync("POST", "https://playfabapi.com/", ""). There is a UWP sample of logging in PlayFab with Xbox and an official C++ sample about interact Xbox with PlayFab that can be the references. For more advanced development questions about Xbox, please navigate to the Xbox development forum for professional supports.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.