question

Julien avatar image
Julien asked

Is RealCurrencyPrices supported with Steam now?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if today the RealCurrencyPrices is implemented / supported for non-receipt IAP platforms (Steam).

I've read here and there posts of 2017 to 2019 and now it's not clear if its implemented or not and if we have to set those prices via an API or if we could set them directly in catalog.

Ideally we would map the RM prices to price matrix (like IOS IAP tiers do) to avoid presenting auto-converted non sense prices to the end user.

Please let me know

Julien

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The RealCurrencyPurchases parameter is an artifact from a previous implementation that is not a part of the legacy commerce service. We'll be updating with the newer commerce service as soon as we can, but in the short term, you can request that the conversion service be enabled for Steam titles. That service converts prices to the user's local currency at purchase time (so that the pop-up in Steam has their local price).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.