question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

Whats the benefits of the rewardedAd API versus just a standard purchase / cloudscript API call on ad completion?

I have been working with the rewardedAd API and i'm trying consider why it might make sense to utilize that API versus just using a standard purchase / cloudscript call.

I'm assuming using the rewardedAd API does some sort of validation which could be a benefit but given it's client side i'm just not sure how good it is.

I suppose i'm trying to get a good grasp of the way to work with the API and as of right now it seems like it might be just a few too many hoops to jump through to do what i'm after. However if the benefit is validation I'm thinking it could be worth it.

One thing that would be awesome that could solve a problem i'm having currently is the ability to send along some extra data along with the rewardAdActivity call rather then just the rewardId itself.

Thanks in advance!

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Rewarded ads contain several specialized features designed for reward advertising. There is a main dashboard in the [Rewarded Ads]-> [Overview] tab. You can report the advertisement’s activity state via API ReportAdActivity. The states that you reported would show up in the PlayStream Debugger and Event History pages. The sum of these ad events would display in the Rewarded Ads dashboard. So, it’s convenient for you to check the basic KPIs of your ads and track the states of activities. Purchase API cannot implement such analytics features.

As this section -- Add rewards says the Rewards of Rewarded Ads have its built-in Weight and Segment Assignment tool which can help you configure the random reward for players more efficiently. And just as you can with regular PlayStream actions, you can take a number of different actions in the Rewards - running a Cloud Script handler, granting items, etc.

Besides, as you said the Rewarded Ads API would do some sort of validations for the Ads which cannot be implemented by purchase API.

About the feature (maybe a Server API) that can pass extra data to choose the rewards when requesting a reward for Ads, you can try to add a feature request for it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.