question

Mubashar Bilal avatar image
Mubashar Bilal asked

Is Playfab Multiplayer not for big games?

I want to use Playfab Custom Multiplayer Server but i come to know that there are limits of 16 Av2 cores and 8 Dv2 cores under one title. Is Playfab not suitable for thousands of concurrent users which requires more resources?,I want to use the custom multiplayer servers of playfab but i come to know that there are limits of 16 Av2 cores and 8 Dv2 cores under one title, so what if the game needs more than that? Is playfab not suitable for games like PUBG with millions of concurrent users?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Our multiplayer servers host, among other games, Ubisoft's "Rainbow Six", so yes, it can quite easily handle large games. What specifically are the limitations you're running into? If you're talking about a single session containing a large number of players (100+), you'll want to use one of the server models with a higher number of cores available - the range of servers available are listed in our pricing page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/multiplayer-servers-detailed-price-sheet

To request a quota change to high-core machines, we would ask that you make sure you're in one of our paid tiers of service, and then open a ticket with our support team via the Contact Us option in the Game Manager (click the ? in the upper right corner).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.