question

appmaker avatar image
appmaker asked

Share Your Journey with LiveOps?

Hello Everyone,

A little bit about myself, I am a indie game developer looking to add LiveOps features into a mobile game being built with Unity. Some of the features I would be using would be player profiles, leaderboards, content management, shops, events, segmentation, cloud scripts, analytics and so on. Before I make the jump, I'm really trying to get a feel for how long it would take to integrate PlayFab into a game. I know that will depend on a lot of different factors such as: game size, features added, size of team, experience with PlayFab/Unity and so on. One way to get an idea is to ask someone who actually went through the process and hear about there journey with PlayFab and LiveOps.

Below are a few questions for those of you that don't mind sharing your progress with using PlayFab.

# of people in your team/company?

# of games you've used PlayFab for that are live?

Which PlayFab features you've used?

How much time you spent to create a LiveOps game using PlayFab?

Type of games made?

Rate the difficulty level using PlayFab?

Any LiveOps train wreck stories?

How would you summarize the overall value added to your company when adding PlayFab and LiveOps into your games has been?

Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated. I have been debating back and forth on making the jump to create a LiveOps game. I've read numerous articles and listened to all of The Art of LiveOps Podcasts but one thing that is missing is how much time it's taken for those who've added LiveOps into their games to get at least the most fundamental features for all LiveOps.

Thank you for your time!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We strongly encourage members of our communities to share their experiences developing online titles, so that everyone can benefit from the experiences each developer has. It sounds like you're saying you have significant experience with developing online games, and that you have some stories to tell. Maybe you could post some of your own experiences as a way to encourage others to post theirs?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.