question

Jørgen Havsberg Seland avatar image
Jørgen Havsberg Seland asked

Azure cloud script fails with CloudScriptNotFound error with client API but not with server API

I'm trying to execute the same Azure cloudscript with the following two APIs:

1. UE4: UPlayFabClientAPI::ExecuteCloudScript: authenticated as user: Fails with CloudScriptNotFound.
  2. python: PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript: authenticated as user: Fails with CloudScriptNotFound.
  3. python: PlayFabCloudScriptAPI.ExecuteFunction: authenticated with server secret, running on behalf of master account entity: Succeeds.

Are there any special considerations for Azure cloud scripts regarding which APIs they may be invoked through?

apisCloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

ExecuteCloudScript is for executing the "legacy" CloudScript, not the Azure CloudScript, which I assume is the reason why you are getting the error.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jørgen Havsberg Seland avatar image Jørgen Havsberg Seland commented ·

Thank you. For anyone else being puzzled the same way I was, PlayFabCloudScriptAPI.ExecuteFunction works in client context. For the Entity parameter, you can supply the Entity from the authentication token result.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.