question

Ivo avatar image
Ivo asked

Setting Play Fab Settings every time? (UE4 BP)

Hello, I am new.
Trying to set up Play Fab on UE4 Blueprints.

I am curious when is the best time to run "Set Play Fab Settings" node?
Currently I run it from my main interface widget right on "Event Construct".
I am pretty sure it will run it every time I create this widget which is every time I load another level.
Is there a need to run it every time I load another level? Maybe I can run it different way?

Also similar issue when player is successfully logging in and it loads from login level to actual game level.
How do I get data after it loads new level? I was thinking to save user information in the instance bp for later use. But I feel like it is wrong and not safe.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not very familiar with UE4 but I have done some tests on this. First thing is that "Set Play Fab Settings" is one time job and usually information inside should be cached and stored locally. You can configure title setting in Project Settings -> Plugin -> PlayFab.

In terms of login issue, I have created 2 levels and logged in Level 1, then the Blueprint will open Level 2 to directly run a client API. The callback result is a successful one in Level 2, which means the login information should be a global resource stored somewhere like GameObejcts in DontDestoryOnLoad field in Unity3D.

For more questions, I believe you can get dedicated support from the Unreal developer community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.