question

Ozan Yilmaz avatar image
Ozan Yilmaz asked

What is difference between Catalog Item and Store Item?

Hello everyone,

I am new to Playfab and I wonder what is the difference between Catalog Item and Store Item? I can create catalog items in the Economy tab, but how can I create store items? What is the purpose of that?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Catalogs offer an easy way to manage your game's all virtual items. They are listings of every item available in your game. Catalog Items are basic units of Playfab items that can represent just about any type of virtual goods that you might use, from Durables to Bundles to Locked containers. Stores are the best way to let players purchase items in your game. You can use the Game Manager to change the order of items, and adjust prices at any time. Using segments, you can even give special prices to certain players without touching your game code. Stores serve a subset of Catalog Items. These items can be offered at alternative prices when compared to those set on the corresponding Catalog Items. For example, Store can be used for summer sale stores, festival event stores, selling items with discounts. Please check the doc PlayFab items and PlayFab Stores for more details.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.