question

andjelijapejovic avatar image
andjelijapejovic asked

Can I login with playerId, actually I use LoginWithEmailAddress and I want to remember only playerId in the application(in PlayerPrefs) and next time if playerId exists I login that user or I must save email and password in the application?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

I believe you are trying to implement anonymous login mechanisms for your game. Usually, we recommend using a device ID for the login. What you have mentioned about login with PlayFab ID is more like LoginWithCustomID. However, this login method is not safe nor recommended because it doesn’t require a match of username and password. Moreover, this is highly insecure since it’s possible for some players with a developer background to retrieve other players’ playerIds and log in to their accounts. Therefore, it’s suggested that you stick with saving email and password in the application for the LoginWithEmailAddress API to consume.

Please refer to this doc for more details: Login basics and best practices.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.