question

appmaker avatar image
appmaker asked

How do you deal with use limitations?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

appmaker avatar image appmaker commented ·

I am really interested in using PlayFab, however I notice there is 96 different usage limitations that PlayFab has, all of which can be increased by paying additional for each and every service. Example: The amount of A/B tests you can have is 1, you can increase it to 5 tests for $19.99 / per 100,000 MAU or 20 A/B tests - $49.99 / 100,000 MAU.

It seems very difficult to be able to predict how much it will cost to use PlayFab and also how to make sure that I design a game that even fits within max limits. I wanted to see how the rest of you tackle this issue with usage limits since there is so many (96) to keep track of.

I would hate to spend months integrating PlayFab only to find out it's too expensive or I won't be able to do what I want because of limits that are set.

Also is there any limits on the number of analytic events I can send to PlayFab or how frequent I can send them? I couldn't find any information on it.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Upgrading only few limits of your title is not recommended because it is not cost-effective and when your game is online you may find more limits that affect the game experience, which complicates the whole process. Playfab will not charge you until your MAU reaches a specific value if you are a paid tier users. My suggestion is to come up a plan about your usage and contact our sales team via sales@playfab.com, where you can get more detailed information and help. Also be aware that the Playfab is scalable service and you are able customized your limits according the requirement.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.