question

marcos avatar image
marcos asked

Unable to download logs from "Archived Games" page of Game Manager

So we're trying to get our custom server up and running. We have it successfully uploading and starting and clients are able to connect but then things go wrong. We're trying to debug this. When a game ends we try to download either logs or the output files from the "Archived Games" page of the game manager. For every single archived game no matter the age (some have been there for over a week, some are less than 20 minutes old) both links under logs fail and show the generic "An error occurred while loading data from the server. PlayFab engineers have been notified of the issue and will investigate." error message. Whats up with that?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

What is the Title ID for the game in question? Also, can you confirm that:

a) The game server is always writing the logs to the file specified by the log_file_path it gets from our game wrangler, in the command line?

b) The servers in question are not being terminated on the Servers tab? Terminating the host machine prevents us from being able to retrieve any files from the server instances running on those hosts.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marcos avatar image
marcos answered

Ah, I think its 100% because of question b. I'll look into it and let you know if that's the reason. Thanks!

10 |1200

marcos avatar image
marcos answered

Important correction, it turns out this was not a result of A or B, but actually likely due to a bug in the base Custom Game Server. I am in touch with Marco to resolve this issue.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.