question

luong.pham@yomi.studio avatar image
luong.pham@yomi.studio asked

Wonder if i can utilize server to send email?

Hi everyone,

I wonder if i can utilize playfab server to retrieve player's datas (score, progression...) then calculate it and send it to player's email weekly?

The scenario is like this:

1) Player login and play, we will store their score, progression, to make a statistic

2) Once a week, server will retrieve datas from all player, and calculate a statistic for each player, then send an email with that calculated statistics to that player

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll have bulk actions enabled for segments in the near future, but if you want to perform an action across all the data for your players (or a segment of players) right now, I would recommend using PlayStream to have all the events for your title sent to your own S3 bucket for use (PlayStream->Event Archive in the Game Manager). That way, you can have a complete log of all the stats/data etc. Alternately, we will have a MongoDB add-on available soon, which you could also use for storage of data which you could then query as you need to. It's also possible to have an external database now, using any Web API enabled database (like DynamoDB, Azure Table Storage, or mLabs) via Cloud Script.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.