question

Canberk Soner avatar image
Canberk Soner asked

Giving rewards after watching an ad

What's the current, up-to-date way to implement a secure, rewarded ad system in PlayFab? I've found some other questions but I think the newest of them was from 1 year ago.

What we want in our game: Users should be able to watch video ads and gain items/virtual currencies as a reward.

Edit: I've found the following resource about Unity Ads:

http://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/s2s-redeem-callbacks

According to this, we'd need to send a callback url to Unity so they can register it to our app. I'm not exactly sure about how to proceed with this. What callback url can I give to them? Only public access to cloudscript is through ExecuteCloudScript API, isn't it? They also require the callback's response to be in a certain format. How could this feature be implemented?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Andy avatar image
Andy answered

We have a rewarded ad system that's been in beta for a while, but it does not use server to server calls. Instead, it relies on client reports of ad activity with strict limits on the number and contents of the rewards.

If you require server to server, you'd need to implement the callback endpoint yourself. One of the more straightforward ways to do this would be Azure Functions. You could set up a public callback endpoint that mapped to a function you implemented. That function could then call the appropriate PlayFab APIs or cloud script to reward the Ad activity.

If you want to try out the client-centric rewarded ads beta, just let me know your title id and a GitHub user name (for access to beta SDK).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.