question

timp@exient.com avatar image
timp@exient.com asked

Storage/Transfer limits on Content Management

Hi!

I see that Playfab offers Content Management (supporting live updates without a new store submission, for example), but I can't see anything about storage/transfer limits. I don't know if it's just 'fair use', like GameSparks.

In either case, I'd be really interested to know what implications/costs there might be (on the Standard or Premium tier) for storing, say, 100MB of game data on the Cloud, and serving it to, say, 8M MAUs. Or any other example numbers that would give me the gist!

Thanks,
Tim

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Our Content service operates as a standard CDN, with costs passed on to the title the same way that dedicated custom game servers are (at cost plus 10% to cover our own overhead). Right now, we use AWS CloudFront for Content, so you can find all the pricing information on the AWS pricing page, here: https://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/pricing/

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

timp@exient.com avatar image
timp@exient.com answered

Sounds fair, and it's good to know that the service is scaleable. Thanks for the response, Brendan.

10 |1200

ye avatar image
ye answered

I've looked at some of the older posts and it seems that the playfab's pricing structure has changed and I cannot find it under add ons. Assuming it's part of the core game content, what are the usage/transfer limits? 

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll get the pricing page updated to reflect the custom game server hosting and content costs, but they haven't changed - the cost is the actual AWS pricing + 10% (to cover our costs), so you can still calculate the total cost the same way (the link above).

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.