question

zeenzoola avatar image
zeenzoola asked

Virtual Currency recharge countdown running when user has more than max recharge amount

I was looking at the VC recharge functionality and I've encountered this behavior which I'm not sure is desirable. I've made a VC called "Lives" and set the initial amount to 15, recharge rate to 96 a day (every 15 minutes) and recharge max to 4. In Unity, I'm printing the "SecondsToRecharge" property to the console in order to see the remaining time. What I saw is that "SecondsToRecharge" is running even when the player has 4 or more VC units. I don't think this is correct. The timer should only start running once the player goes below recharge max.

Is this a bug and if not, what is the reason for this behavior?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling that out - it's a bug in the regeneration logic, that the timer continues the count after hitting the regeneration max. Note that no additional VC will be added as a result of the counter hitting 0, and since the regeneration max and current balance are both returned in the inventory call, you can easily check that, in order to show a 0 recharge time in your game, though when you subtract one from the VC balance, the time to recharge will not necessarily be the full regeneration period. I've opened a bug on this to get it fixed as soon as possible.

14 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rentiregames avatar image rentiregames commented ·

Hi Brendan, will this issue be solved any time soon?

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan rentiregames commented ·

Prioritization on issues is based on a combination of severity and feedback. We've had very little feedback from developers on this issue, which is why it hasn't been made a higher priority (and so, there are a lot of items in front of it). That said, I'll talk to the PM owner for the service space, to see if we can get this bumped up a bit.

0 Likes 0 ·
kafanagore2017 avatar image kafanagore2017 brendan commented ·

Hello Brendan , Would you be able to solve the problem tomorrow if you ask? There are so many things to charge in our game. If a solution is not produced, we will have to deal with ourselves a lot. Thank you so much.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
vrevchenko avatar image vrevchenko commented ·

This is very important question, I would like to see fix as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
zeenzoola avatar image zeenzoola commented ·

Hello,

It's been almost six months since I pointed this bug out, and I see that it still hasn't been fixed. I honestly cannot believe that a major but easily fixable bug like this would be so far down your priority list that you couldn't fix it for half a year. This isn't some small thing that hardly affects anyone, but a completely broken feature that's not doing what it's supposed to do. When it comes to broken features, I don't think that the amount of feedback should be a factor in deciding when and if to fix it.

Could you please do something about this soon?

0 Likes 0 ·
zeenzoola avatar image zeenzoola zeenzoola commented ·

Also, it would be good to be able to fetch the recharge rate, so we can calculate the exact recharge times.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan zeenzoola commented ·

A significant part of our prioritization is the number of developers who have asked for a particular change. In this case, very few developers have asked about this one, which is why it hasn't been prioritized over other things (that have had more requests). It is still something we're tracking, and we do want to see it fixed as soon as we can get it into the schedule, but I can't say for sure how soon that will be.

0 Likes 0 ·
zeenzoola avatar image zeenzoola brendan commented ·

I understand, but this would make much more sense if we were talking about requests for new features, and not major bugs in existing features. Bugs just need to be fixed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Brian Gish avatar image Brian Gish commented ·

Hi @Brendan, I too have been waiting for a very long time for this bug to be fixed (nearly a year I think). I'd like to add me to the list to hopefully bump up the priority.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Brian Gish commented ·

Thanks, Brian - more feedback is always helpful.

0 Likes 0 ·
duartedd avatar image
duartedd answered

i believe this happens in my game as well where it queues an extra 1 charged up - i actually dont mind this as it just makes it so the player doesnt have to wait a day (im my case) for a quest to be provisioned ) - it just gives them an extra quest ready to go for me so i dont mind this way of doing it. I did when my quests are full it just hides the recharge text so that it cannot confuse .

10 |1200

Ardi Wicaksono avatar image
Ardi Wicaksono answered

@Brendan said that "Prioritization on issues is based on a combination of severity and feedback", how do you quantify that? From answers in this thread? If yes then consider I'm also asking for it to be fixed, if not, can I know where can I help to push this issue to be fixed?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.