question

Juan Manuel Martinez avatar image
Juan Manuel Martinez asked

Upload custom server fails

Hi there,

This is a process that I've already tested, and it worked for me, but know fails.

I'm just packaging all my server build in a single .Zip file. I've zipped the folder using winrar or windows native compressor. Both of them failed.

The behavior of the playfab backend is refresh the page before the upload process ends. It hapeens before the 1% is achieved. I've been reading in the forum, and it seems that the internal checking process of playfab is failing. This is why I can't upload my build.

I've read asomething about no space available on S3 amazon machines. Maybe this is hapenning to me?

Like I said before, I've already done this with a sucess result. But now it fails.

Any help?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

While we have a ticket on this issue directly, I wanted to make sure everyone has the info on how to handle this issue:

First, it's definitely not a space issue - there's plenty of available capacity, so no worries there.

If your build stalls on upload, please be sure that you're using the latest version of Chrome (we can't guarantee results on other browsers, as our testing has been on Chrome). If you're still not able to upload - specifically, the upload progress bar stops - you should get a network capture using Netmon or Wireshark, in order to see whether there's an issue with getting the packets to S3.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jon avatar image
Jon answered

Hi Juan,

I had a similar issue with a build - it would get to 1%, then refresh the page.  A later build of the same project (and zip) works fine.  

I sent a copy to Brendan and he was able to upload it.  I didn't use Netmon or Wireshark to debug further, as building and zipping it again got around the issue.  

My builds were on a Win7x64 PC and my uploads were from 3 different PC's.  I use Opera.  So I have no advice on a fix other than to re-build with some changes to get a new zip file, then try again.  

Also, I changed the build id from 3 to 4.

Thanks,

Jon

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.