question

Jeff Sherwin avatar image
Jeff Sherwin asked

Unity editor extensions focus

using Unity 5.5.2p4 editor extension window is constantly grabbing focus - even from background.

it's not unworkable but it super, super annoying for it to do that.

is this a bug or by design?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

No, that's definitely a bug - it showed up in conjunction with the latest Unity update and we're checking into the cause now. We'll get that fixed as soon as we can - and thanks for calling it out. It's always best to let us know, even if you think it's something we're aware of.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin commented ·

thanks! even if i close that tab and go to another program - it still will grab focus. appreciate you letting me know :)

0 Likes 0 ·
grumpydotstudios avatar image grumpydotstudios commented ·

Solution: Comment or delete line 77 from PlayFabEditor.cs with the [InitializeOnLoad] attribute.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeff Sherwin avatar image Jeff Sherwin grumpydotstudios commented ·

sweet! seems to be working!

0 Likes 0 ·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

I'm testing a new resolution to this issue.
Please give this a try:
https://github.com/PlayFab/UnityEditorExtensions/blob/pgilmore/EditorPrefsToSO/Packages/PlayFabEditorExtensions.unitypackage

It's a pre-release of a possible fix.
Please download package and install manually, and respond with any feedback.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.