question

adnannazir2012 avatar image
adnannazir2012 asked

PlayFab Editor extension is triggering it's Editor Window on Focusing Unity Editor

Hi,

From this link https://api.playfab.com/docs/getting-started/unity-getting-started

I know that I don't really need to have PlayFab's Unity Editor extension installed but can you please let me know what is the point of setting playerID in scriptable object when I also have to do it in the code?

It's just confusing.

Also the editor extension is hanging Unity 2018 Editor, It just triggers its editor window (playfab editor window) that says that playfab sdk isn't installed even when it's installed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
marcowilliamspf avatar image
marcowilliamspf answered

Hi,

To answer your first question, since the Editor Extension is not yet distributed with the actual SDK we have to assume in our documentation that the developer does not have it installed. So we create our examples assuming that you set it in code.

When you have Editor Extensions installed, you can skip this step. However, after reviewing the tutorial. We should put a call out that this is not needed if you have installed Editor Extensions and have set the titleId via the tool. I'll get that updated in the docs right away.

We will look into the 2018 Editor Extensions issue and get back to you. Thanks for the report.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.