question

zdsmith avatar image
zdsmith asked

"DatabaseThroughputExceeded"

Had this error a few times last night. Looking at the limits screen I can't see that I went over anything. There was only one spike where this happened, and I just wanted to make sure it was an anomaly and not a sign of things to come :)

Also should I ask these types of questions here, or use the support email?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

In general, that error means that you have one or more clients attempting to make too many calls to read or write data too quickly. Bear in mind that the rate limits listed in your title are burst rate limits. Titles should not be reading/writing data continuously at that high of a rate. In general, you should be aiming to make only a few calls per minute, on average over the lifetime of the player session. Bursts of calls (at the end of a level or major event) are fine - that's why the burst rate limit is higher than the expected average. But for example, clicker style games only update their backend data every couple of minutes, with the occasional "extra" data save when a key event occurs.

As to where to post questions, Essentials ("free") and Indie tier developers should always post to the forums. Professional and Enterprise tier customers can use our ticketing system, but for anything that doesn't require privacy, we'd still appreciate those questions being posted to the forums, so that the information on the problem and solution are available to everyone.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.