question

martinliu1993 avatar image
martinliu1993 asked

Steam Ticket sometimes return Dummy Auth Ticket

This may be more of a Steamworks problem than a PlayFab one, but I am wondering if anyone ever got Steam Ticket to return a "Dummy Auth Ticket" instead of the proper ticket hash I usually get.

I get the "Dummy Auth Ticket" sometimes, in which I pass to LoginWithSteam and of course it fails. It's not very common and I get the correct ticket most of the time. I have no idea why sometimes I get the wrong ticket. I am supposing that it might be because I am trying to log in to Steam with the same account twice? I have no idea, and have no idea how to fix it

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Indeed, that sounds like something to ask the team at Valve about. All we can do is attempt to validate the purchases your players make against their service, so any Steam-specific error responses are something where we won't have access to the source code, and so really can't help to debug.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.