question

Mr Sham avatar image
Mr Sham asked

Where do we store our game dynamic data?

Our game consists of locations with their metadata (thumbnail, etc.) and points of interest (posx, posy, posz, 3D). We are consistently updating this dynamic data, and our users will be able to access all of these locations. I have read that the Search() API has a limit of 50. What if we need to display more results on a page without pagination? Essentially, we need to pull all this dynamic game data and draw it in the Unity UI. If we use Search(), how can we display all possible locations?

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since you mentioned “I have read that the Search () API has a limit of 50”, it seems that you want to use Economy V2 Items to store the dynamic data and use SearchItems API to get these data for all players. If this is the case, and you want to display more results on a page without pagination, you could get and store all dynamic data use SearchItems API with continuationToken in code first, then display all possible locations once a time. If I misunderstood, please feel free to let me know.

In addition, since you mentioned "We are continuously updating this dynamic data", if you want to use Items to store dynamic data, then you may need to use the UpdateDraftItem API to update the dynamic data. The UpdateDraftItem API has a rate limit 1000 times per 10 seconds for title entities. If your update frequency exceeds the API rate limit, we would recommend that you use an external database to achieve your requirement.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.