question

ogburnzach avatar image
ogburnzach asked

How to LogMessage in Linux Container Build?

I am trying to debug my Linux container build for my Unity game. All of the examples I have seen use GamingserverSDK.LogMessage() to output messages from the server build to the output file. This method does not exist anymore or I cannot find it. Can someone please help me figure out how to output messages from my server build?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dimitris Gkanatsios avatar image
Dimitris Gkanatsios answered

We just made a PR on the Unity GSDK to accommodate for this method -> https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdk/pull/155

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

PlayFab Unity GSDK doesn’t provide the LogMessage method, you may use Unity Debug method to output messages from your server build and use -logfile unity command line argument in DockerFile to send the logs to standard output where logs will be captured by our VmAgent when the game server is terminated. Also, you may refer to Debug Container-based game servers using LocalMultiplayerAgent - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to use LocalMultiplayerAgent to debug your game server.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.