question

imartinezschippert avatar image
imartinezschippert asked

Can I have multiple playfab logins at the same time on the same PC?

Can I have multiple playfab logins at the same time on the same PC? (All using the same session of playfab). I want to execute multiple processes of unity to execute them as an authoritative server using a common user of playfab to make queries and once the game finishes making an update

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I'm not clear on the goal, here. If you want to run an authoritative server (either hosted by us or elsewhere), you wouldn't ever need to sign the players into it, since the Server API gets you full access to all the data for all players.

If you mean that you want to have a player run a master session on his client device, such that the one player client is reporting data for all players, you definitely do not want to sign multiple players into that device, as that would give the player who owns that device access to session tickets for all the other players (allowing him to compromise those accounts).

If what you're working on is a "hot-seat" game, where all players are using the same device, then yes, you could sign each player in individually - you would just need to keep track of each player's session ticket separately.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.