question

robert avatar image
robert asked

Player Segments / Enter Segment / When?

When do players enter segments generally?

I tried to make a segment:

Name: Player Candidate for Come Back Bonus
Condition: Last login time (span) > 5 minutes
On Enter Action: Send Push Notification

For some reason I never receive the push notification. But it works fine if I create a task with the same condition and run the task periodically (but this will send push notifications every time the task runs and not only once once the player is offline for too long).

So I assume/fear that players don't enter/exit segments when they are offline? (or does playful check every minute and correctly assign segments even if the player is offline for days...)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's correct - players enter a segment when the segment conditions are met, but we do not process all players that have ever signed into any game every second to check this, as it's not technically possible. For the "last login time" filter, the right way to perform the evaluation is indeed by using a task - what I would recommend is also using a Tag or Statistic to indicate that the player has received a "lapsed user" contact (you could have multiple levels to this, contacting folks after a few days of not playing, then a few weeks), and use that as part of your filter as well, so that each user only gets each notification once.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.