question

liondr123 avatar image
liondr123 asked

Enable server allocation can't active server and stuck status WaitingForServer

I'm running into a frequent issue where my clients get stuck with the status WaitingForServer

I have 4 stand-by server instance but not work.

5986-screenshot-2023-05-28-155941.png

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

You can use Multiplayer Server - Get Build - REST API (PlayFab Multiplayer) | Microsoft Learn to check the server status and use Multiplayer Server - Request Multiplayer Server - REST API (PlayFab Multiplayer) | Microsoft Learn to check if a server is available. Referring to What does the matchmaker ticket "WaitingForServer" mean? (Matchmaking 2.0) - Playfab Community and Matchmaking "WaitingForServer" - Playfab Community, the issue may be caused by VM capacity cannot satisfy your frequent requests. You may try to change the “Maximum servers” option to a bigger value to see if this issue still happens.

Besides, servers will be free after they were shut down. You can shut down your game server following: Gracefully shutting down your game server.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

liondr123 avatar image liondr123 commented ·

I tried many ways but still not working. Server allocation failed to activate the standby server

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui liondr123 commented ·

Sorry I cannot reproduce your issue. Referring to those resources I mentioned above, could you provide more information such as what error message occur after what action you did?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.