question

david-2 avatar image
david-2 asked

Can't Log in On Chrome

screen-shot-2017-04-16-at-123318-pm.png

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david-2 avatar image david-2 commented ·

This happens every time I try to log in or see the dashboard. Works if I clear cookies or use another browser. Any idea? This is on MacOS.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

That's odd - we all use Chrome here, and while I'm not in the office at the moment, I'm not seeing any issues logging in. But you said it works fine if you clear your cookies? Does it eventually start to do this again? What version of Chrome are you using, and what plugins are you using?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

david-2 avatar image david-2 commented ·

Yes, if clear cookies or use Incognito or another browser it works. But Chrome is our default so quite a pain to always encounter this message. Happens every time after about a day of usage.

Latest Chrome. Plugins: A few common ones but none that we've updated recently.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan david-2 commented ·

I've spot-checked with others here at the office, and we're all using Chrome and not seeing the issue you describe. I'm also not hearing any reports from other developers seeing this, so I strongly suspect it's a local issue.

Searching online, I have found a few people calling out an issue where, if their clock is set to something other than the actual time, they would see this, but those are pretty old references, so I would have expected that to be fixed by now. Still, worth checking.

Otherwise, can you try this? Open the network tab of the developer tools in Chrome, and monitor the activity when you try to load the page - a redirect loop should be quite easy to spot.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.