question

mgambrell avatar image
mgambrell asked

GetPlayerCombinedInfo shortcomings

This is a cool API, and I'd like to use it (from the server api).

Unfortunately, I can't. It lacks access to UserInternalData. I would also need TitleInternalData... but I'm more likely to be at peace with being unable to get title data through an API designed for getting user data.

Also, as discussed on slack:

GetPlayerCombinedInfoRequestParams has parameters like "GetUserInventory" (required) which "defaults to false". Since it's not optional, there's no default

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, as stated in the Slack thread, that's a bug in the way the docs are being presented on the site - they're not required. We'll get that fixed shortly.

GetPlayerCombinedInfo was originally designed for the Client API, which is why it does not have access to items that are explicitly blocked from client access (internal data). I'll add a backlog item to get it added to the Server API version of the call.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.