question

Sam avatar image
Sam asked

"Email already exists" ... no user with that email in ANY game from my studio?

When trying to register a new PlayFab account, I receive an error message saying that an account with that email already exists.

None of the games under my studio have an account with that email attached (I only have 4 users, so it was easy to check).

Any ideas?

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sam avatar image Sam commented ·

No idea what happened with the title, sorry. Can't seem to edit it either.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Sam commented ·

No worries - I've edited it. You'll also be glad to know that AnswerHub let us know that they're working on an update to the editor, so hopefully that'll be available soon.

1 Like 1 ·

Okay. So PlayFab accounts are created independently from any game or studio, and then linked to the studio afterwards.

I must've used that email previously for another studio or game.

Using GetAccountInfo (using the GameID from my title) created an account for the email for the GameID provided.

Hope this helps anyone else who might have this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, the way it works (for player accounts - if you mean developer accounts, those do need to be distinct across all of PlayFab) is that player accounts are created with the Publisher ID being the lookup - that is, you share your player accounts across all your titles. That's how we're able to provide UserPublisherData, where you can write data for the player that is shared across all your games (for cross-title rewards, sequels, etc.). You can find your Publisher ID in the Settings tab for your game. If you don't see one, that would be because you created your Studio back when PlayFab first started - before we added Publisher IDs. If that's the case, we can add a Publisher ID to your titles and/or studio, but bear in mind that you'd lose access to any player accounts already created in those titles, since that's how they're "bound" to studios/titles.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Before I did the GetAccountInfo call, there was DEFINITELY not any player account with that email registered to ANY of my games. Does that mean my account is on the old system?

0 Likes 0 ·

I can't find a PublisherID, so might that be the problem?

0 Likes 0 ·

That was an old account anyway, only used for testing. I created a new account and the PublisherID has appeared.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Sam commented ·

I take it you mean you created a new developer account, with a new Studio? That would work, as would creating a new Studio with your current developer account. Or we can add a Publisher ID to your pre-existing Titles or Studios, as I said. Just let us know if you'd like to do that.

1 Like 1 ·
Sam avatar image Sam brendan commented ·

I created both a new developer account and a new studio. But thank you very much for offering to help with the old one, it's very much appreciated.

A quick feature request: allow developers to delete player accounts from the website. Would help a lot with testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.