question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

"SSO / SAML Support Authenticate users with SSO / SAML" Any guides on this?

I saw the features page and noticed SSO/SAML logins. I also noticed that Discourse forum supports this! It would be awesome to link it all together.

Where can I find these docs?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We don't currently have a generic SSO/SAML system that you could plug your own identity provider into. Rather, we've integrated identity providers for specific customers as custom integration projects. We do plan to provide a generic SSO system that you could use, but at the moment, if you have your own identity provider service that you'd like to have integrated, you can reach out to us via the ticket system and we can discuss what such an integration would look like.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

Thanks, perhaps later! would suggest looking into Discourse SSO integration when looking to test it. They're open source, ready for plugins and 3rd party SSO, and probably the best forum software app out there. Even Twitter uses it for their forum. DigitalOcean has a 1-click to set it up.

You could even repackage a playfab Discourse package!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.