question

angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com avatar image
angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com asked

ValidateIOSReceipt ignoring PurchasePrice and CurrencyCode?

I have seen that If I change the PurchasePrice and the CurrencyCode just before the validation, the system validates it OK.

Then If the validation system is ignoring that values (because it seems to be only using the Receipt param) . Are they only used for revenue reporting?

Thank you for your time.

In-Game Economy
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Because the iTunes, Google Play, and Amazon marketplaces do not provide us with a way to query the catalog in their service for the item prices, and the actual sale price is not provided to us in the receipt, the PurchasePrice and CurrencyCode parameters in the receipt validation API calls are used to tell us how much the item was sold for, and in what currency. That allows you to set the correct price based upon the actual catalog, including any sale pricing that might not be reflected in the PlayFab catalog. We use that specified price and currency for the reporting in your title, so that your revenue graphs and daily reports are correct. The actual price paid will always be determined by the provider in these cases (Apple, Google, Amazon).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com avatar image
angel.quiroga@labcavegames.com answered

I understand it now. Thank you :) .

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.