question

tjyads avatar image
tjyads asked

Trouble connecting to a remote host

I am trying to get Playfab to use a remote host server based off the similar issue here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/38925/connecting-to-a-multiplayer-server-hosted-on-playf.html .

I managed to get the server build into Playfab and can get the player to request a server without issue but when the player tries to connect to the server I end up with an error from Telepathy saying: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

I am unsure of what to do and what the issue is, only difference I can tell is after calling request server the above link uses _nm.StartUpNetworkManager(); however, the manager does not have that as an option so I use _nm.StartClient();

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

You can refer to GameServer (GSDK) Not Connecting to MockVmAgent When In Container - Playfab Community and Timeout on TCP connection to Thunderhead multiplayer server - Playfab Community. I would suggest you checking your server executable and do some locally debugging to make sure your server executable can work with no issue by following Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.