question

hassaniftikhar avatar image
hassaniftikhar asked

Extra player joins lobby in multiplayer game

Hello!

I'm currently working on a multiplayer game using Photon Bolt, with PlayFab for hosting dedicated server.

With my local server implementation (where one instance creates a room as the server and other instances join as clients), everything was working perfectly fine like creating room and joining players upto the max limit. After implementing PlayFab, I noticed that a ghost player often joins the lobby, and then vanishes after a few seconds. For example, in a room of 8, there are only 7 real players, and the 8th is often a ghost that automatically gets kicked out. This doesn't happen every time, and there aren't any real replication steps. I just set up a room as normal and sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Replication Steps: Unknown Logs messages: Multiple join calls printed

I want to ask if anyone here ever faced this type of issue while working with PlayFab or multiplayer games in general?

multiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

According to your description, it seems that you only use PlayFab for hosting a dedicated server. Since the network logic is controlled by Photon Bolt, you may consult Photon for help.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

hassaniftikhar avatar image hassaniftikhar commented ·

Thank you for response but before hosting PlayFab, it was working perfectly fine so I thought it might be related to playfab or changes done for playfab implementation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao hassaniftikhar commented ·

You can follow Wrapper sample - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to test your project to see if the issue persists. If the issue doesn’t occur, then this issue may be caused by the changes during implementing the GSDK, you can do some debug for that. But PlayFab GSDK won’t affect your server’s network logic.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.