question

pingu2k4 avatar image
pingu2k4 asked

Does purchasing a timed consumable automatically "start" its timer?

Hi,

If I have a player purchase an item setup to expire in 2 hours on PF backend, do I have to just purchase the item for the player, or must I purchase, and then consume the item?

IE, if the item is set up to expire in 2 hours... if I run the Client.PurchaseItem, will the item expire 2 hours later, or should I run Client.PurchaseItem followed by Client.ConsumeItem?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, the timer on an item with a Usage Period (timed consumable) starts when the item is placed in the player inventory, whether by a purchase action or a grant. There's no need to call ConsumeItem for the timer - that's just for consuming from the RemainingUses of the item (Usage Count in the catalog).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pingu2k4 avatar image
pingu2k4 answered

OK thanks for that. :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.