question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

search other player

dgstest3
started a topic on Fri, 20 February 2015 at 2:34 AM

hello playfab,

is there any api that can be use for search other player?

for example if i send some request parameter

{

"display name" : "ro"

}

and it will give me response all the player display name start with "ro", and all this user name are exist in same game title marked in the API address

{

"data":"{rossa,rossy,romania}"

}

or with other input parameter, email or username for example

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 22 February 2015 at 8:31 PM

Actually, the user listing feature is for development purposes - getting the list of accounts that have been created for testing. I was thinking of your question as being more tied to users who might be currently active on the service, but if you goal is a simple list of everyone who has played your game, you can get that right now via the reports we make available in S3 - you can query for a link to each using GetDataReport.

7 Comments
Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 20 February 2015 at 2:44 PM

No, an arbitrary search across all users would be unfortunately a very inefficient operation. Right now, we have the ability to query based upon the PlayFabId, which should be available in any context in which you can get other information about a user (being in a game with her, getting his info from a Leaderboard, etc.). Since searches like that are more common in social site experiences (potentially tied to a game), if that's your goal feel free to email us at devrel@playfab.com with your scenarios, and we can talk through options for how to enable the features you have in mind.

Brendan

johntube said on Fri, 20 February 2015 at 3:14 PM

I think that this may be doable when combined with UserListing feature : you query the full list of players per TitleID + PublisherID then search for a specific player or subset of players from the client side !

dgstest3 said on Sun, 22 February 2015 at 7:28 PM

owh i see,
cant wait to try that, tq :)

Brendan Vanous said on Sun, 22 February 2015 at 8:31 PM

Actually, the user listing feature is for development purposes - getting the list of accounts that have been created for testing. I was thinking of your question as being more tied to users who might be currently active on the service, but if you goal is a simple list of everyone who has played your game, you can get that right now via the reports we make available in S3 - you can query for a link to each using GetDataReport.

Brendan Vanous said on Fri, 22 May 2015 at 7:05 PM

Quick update: The Client GetAccountInfo and GetUserCombinedInfo API calls can now also be used to find players by Username, Email Address, or Title DisplayName.

krellumdrac said on Mon, 06 July 2015 at 12:44 PM

Perhaps this is not the right topic to post this under but it is the closest I have found. In the game manager web interface I would really like the search to do simple pattern matching. I have been in a situation where someone mentions a user they want me to look at and I don't remember the name exactly or they spell it a little wrong. The ID is great but often not what I am given. I know it would be an expensive operation but it could be buffered and the buffer updated. Additions are slow and only happen once per user so maintaining a fuzzy search buffer (table) does not seem that expensive.

Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 09 July 2015 at 12:10 AM

The best place to make suggestions for the Game Manager is in the Game Manager itself, using the Feedback button in the upper right portion of the interface. That said, I've opened an item for this request, and tagged it with your company name, so that we know to update you on this item later. We prioritize in part based on user feedback, so if we hear from a lot of folks that this is a key item, we'll make sure to investigate.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.