question

renandreschmartins avatar image
renandreschmartins asked

No free game servers

When I try to log into my server using the client demo, I get the message: There are no free game servers running build 2. I've already checked the region, game mode and build version in both client setup and server setup.

The server is running with games:1, and max games:1

Is this only available to paid users?

No problem while testing on local network.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Edit for clarity: When you see the "no free servers running..." error, this means that either there are no servers running that match the specific options, or that there are no free slots available in any servers that are.

For developers experimenting with custom game servers, we provide one EC2 server by default. If you need more than one server, or you need a different instance size in EC2, we can enable that for you. The difference is that when you move to that model, we will begin billing for actual server usage, using our existing cost model (the real EC2 price + 10% to cover our costs). If you need this enabled, please go ahead and enter your billing info in the Game Manager, and email us at devrel@playfab.com with the specifics of how many servers you need and/or what server models you'd like us to make your default.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.