question

mgambrell avatar image
mgambrell asked

tiny bug in "new scheduled task" view; and request for arguments to segment task cloudscripts

My project has no segments. Start creating a new task

Change the Type of task to "run actions for all players in a segment".

We're advised "No segments available. Create segments in PlayStream > Segments"

However, this should say Players > Segments

ALSO:

When running a cloudscript over all players in a segment, I can't specify arguments (like I could if the task type was "run a cloudscript function")

CloudScript
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks - I'll check in a fix for that error message now, so that should be live with our next deployment.

For the inputs, that's correct - the Task system runs with a Context set for the Task in question, which is the way you should vary the logic in the Cloud Script handler. Here's a preview of the tutorial we'll post shortly on that (though please note that it hasn't been through review yet): https://api.playfab.com/pf-unicorn/entries/docs/2147-using-cloud-script-actions-with-playstream. The "run a CloudScript function" logic is for running a single pass of a Cloud Script at the title level.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.