question

rupas30 avatar image
rupas30 asked

Understanding Authentication

Hello,

I am a former user of Parse, and I'm pretty confused with running Playfab. In Parse when a user logged in was always logged in until the user logged out. In Playfab I am logging in but when I leave and enter my game I always have to log in again. There is some way to keep the user logged in, as in any other game.? Please post example code, the documentation is very poor. I work with Unity3D

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, no secure service allows a user to simply stay logged in with the same session ticket/token continually, as that creates a massive security hole. We provide a session ticket which is valid for 24 hours, after which time the user must be signed in again, in order to have a fresh ticket which is then valid for the next 24 hours. We do also provide secure login via Facebook, Google, Kongregate, Steam, Twitch, and Windows, (and more will be added in future, so it's always worth checking the current API set) all of which use the given service's ticket or token system - which often means the user doesn't need to be prompted for any additional credentials. And, of course, you can also use the Device ID or Custom ID login mechanisms, which require no player interaction as well. We provide documentation on how to make each of these calls in our primary API docs, but if you can let us know which specific one it is you're using, I'm sure we can point you to additional info we have available.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.