question

Development [not provided] avatar image
Development [not provided] asked

Removing IDFA

One of the apps we are working on doesn't use ads at all but when we try and submit it to Apple it shows that the app is using IDFA. I was wondering if anyone knows the best way to remove IDFA so that we can submit to Apple. 

I tried following the steps under the Troubleshooting section here: https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK but the check box listed in step 3 was greyed out so I couldn't uncheck it. I instead went into the file and commented out the import line for AdSupport.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It sounds like you resolved this manually, but could you send us the details of your project (what SDK version you're using, in particular), so that we can investigate? If you can actually send us a repro that shows this (to devrel@playfab.com), that would be ideal.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Development [not provided] avatar image
Development [not provided] answered

The app did successfully go through to Apple without IDFA after we did this. We are using version 0.21.160328 of the SDK.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Congrats! And thanks for the follow-up.  :)

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.