question

Hamza Lazaar avatar image
Hamza Lazaar asked

Remote Config Without Authentication

Hi,

I have the following use case: I want to force users to update the app.

Do I need to authenticate before doing so?

I think there should be a safe public TitleData query option that does not require authentication.

Title DataAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

At the moment, everything other than login and password reset requires authentication. This is partly so that all usage tracking for your game analytics is accurate for all actions, but it's also to ensure that our billing is accurate. If you'd like to see us add a "version query" to the service, that'd be a good addition to the feature requests forum. I can't really see us specifically exposing Title Data without any login, as that would have a high potential for abuse, since Title Data provides a large data space (and so we really do need to capture info on usage for billing). But a small data response for a version "stamp" seems like a good idea - it would be good to see if the rest of the community agrees (via voting).

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.